Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Week Two 7/5/16

Ni Hao Jia ting,

How was the family reunion!!!!!??? 

Two weeks down. I'm fluent. I don't know how Spanish was for all of you but I've got Chinese down...not. I pretty much still know nothing. We start teaching again though and this time its an investigator and less active. Cool story! So here at the MTC you are lied to all the time. No one is a real investigator no matter how much you want to believe. Well, one day me and my tongban (companion) were studying on the "bench of revelation" and a girl came and sat on the bench next to us. Immediately, I felt impressed to talk to her, but knowing she was just another "fake" with a gold tag (or whatever those tags are). So I didn't do anything. After a while though she kept looking over and I was like girl, I'd love to talk to you but I'm sorry I'm on a mission so you don't need to be giving me that look. She kept looking though. Again, I felt to talk to her but I couldn't follow the spirit with someone that is a fake investigator, so I didn't. She then turned to us and started talking to us. We then learned that yes she really was investigating the church and was not a member. 

Zac said 2% of those people are real investigators, so I guess we found her. She moved from Mexico and has only been here 2 months. She learned English in these two months. There's hope! Her English was so good! She goes to the place where Julia works to learn English so nice job Ju Moo! Anyways, all her roommates are LDS and she has been taking the lessons from two sets of missionaries at the MTC. The whole time I still thought she was lying though, because I can't believe anything anymore. Well, finally we talked and it was cool. We had to go to class though so I quickly said the Book of Mormon was true and that she should keep going (So stupid, I didn't even bear my testimony). 

Now maybe she got us, and was really fake, but I don't think so. I turned to my tongban after and he said he felt to talk to her too. I learned that I done goofed and I need to listen to the spirit. I'm not going to miss another opportunity like that ever again. 

It's been awesome! I love the MTC! It's a little hard and pushes you a lot, but it is like a spiritual blast everyday. Everyone says their scriptures when they read just come alive now here at the MTC. I agree and feel so happy for those in my district that are experiencing that, some of them for the first time. I'm glad though that I have felt that before, and know that you don't need a spiritual place like to MTC to have a strong relationship with the scriptures. It's pushed all of us —some more than others. It's a change of life and a time of great learning both spiritually and with a language. I guess because I'm used to not being good at things right away, and can except mediocrity from myself, that I don't struggle as much as others. That, and, I don't like to fret. So It's all good in the Hood for me. I just study and pray for the gift of tongues like there's no tomorrow. It's interesting though because I feel like I've changed more in these last two weeks more than at any other time in my life. I thought I knew before what the gospel was but to be honest I had no idea. (I'm going to be so different when I come home).

What else? . . .there's a ton of funny stuff and things that happen but I don't know where to start. Shout out to Zach and whoever made the cake! It was a great birthday, and he was so surprised when he saw the cake on his bed. The last person we were teaching that I talked about last time (super ginger man)....Yep. He became our teacher. And unlike his awkward personality, he is straight fire (like his hair). His lessons are so good! So I got the two best teachers in the world. My other teacher though, is a tie nazi, so I can't wear half of my ties. 

Well keep up the good work and do good things. Claire don't ever go to mission prep. Believe me it will not prepare you for anything. Just live the gospel and read your scriptures everyday. And again don't expect to be taught the language. They don't teach you, you just have to teach yourself, so pray now and find out where you're going so you can study up. Haha thanks for everything. MTC life is good. 

Love Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment