Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Alive 6/28/2016

What's up fam,

Well first week in the MTC. Let me just tell you what I've learned: 

1. Sister missionaries are all (or at least in the chinese zone) way better at chinese than anyone else. Literally all of them. 
2. You don't learn the language at the MTC! I mean you kind of do but not really. 
3. There are so many people here. 
4. The MTC is nothing like I expected yet everything I had expected. 
5. Everyone says the same things and gives the same advice..."Don't drink the orange juice", "Your bowels are going to hate you", "Just make it to sunday and you'll be alright." 
6. I was so blessed to be in the district that I am because the other ones don't seem so cool.
7. My camera sucks. 
8. Going to the bathroom is the worst because i have to have my companion come with me and I have the smallest bladder ever! 
9. Everyone in my district is way more spiritual and amazing than me, so Mark and I have it different. 
10. Here at the MTC they just say go, and then you're pretty much on your own

Those are just a few things, I've learned a little bit more too. Like I said my district is super cool. We're all already homies, and really though they are all spiritual bazookas and then I'm just kinda there. There are twelve in my district in the smallest room ever. They pack us in there like sardines. We got so many books, like so many. I saw some spanish elders get there books the first day and their bags were a third of our size. My companion is pretty cool. His name is Elder Cheney. He's from Sandy. He played golf and struggles with Chinese, but who doesn't? He's pretty cool though and  I'm glad I got him. 4 districts of Chinese came in on Wednesday so it wasn't in the cards for McKay and I to be together. I see him every now and again but not as much as I see all the other Chinese people. My teacher is this really short cantonese girl that speaks 3 languages. She's awesome! And like I said we learn a little bit of chinese but mostly they just teach us how to be missionaries or how go teach a lesson. I've taught four lessons in chinese now. Yeah, they were just like hey go teach someone...in chinese. Our investigator Mudaoyou is coming to church with us though and is reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. Everyone else got him to commit to baptism, but we didn't.

I don't really know what to say. We just study A LOT, go into class and get yelled at in chinese and then eat food. Thats my day, plus the spirit is super strong and you learn soooooooo much. PS Character of Christ video is amazing! We're all in the choir so that's cool and ya its all good in the hood. Here is my district for you:

Elder Paxton: Shares a room with me, they used to call him negative Neil, but he tells us he's just realistic. He's also low key competitive.

Elder Bird: The funniest kid. He's from Oklahoma and so werid. And its the best because he and Elder Paxton are companions. He does video diaries at night and is just so funny.

Elder Cheney: My companion. These three are in my room (we only have four) He is kinda like the typical sports kid. Has a lot of Nikes but didn't play any sports except golf. He's awesome though and its fun to have someone athletic during exercise time.

Elder Boyle: He played tennis for Corner Canyon, so I remembered him. He's dope (that's Elder Bird's favorite word) and Super chill.

Elder Carlson: You would never guess but this Elder is sweet. He looks like he's never thinking or moving and kinda down syndrome, but he is not! He's amazing.

Elder Diener: Yes, his name is Diener. He sings, the only boy that went to a year of college and gets a little frustrated with Chinese.

Elder Cooper: From Logan, typical hick kid but is pretty awesome. He's super quiet but when he does talk its like "Whoa".

Elder Kimmel: Our district leader form Orem. Super nice and his eyes get dry so he blinks a lot. He and I are probably the most alike.

Elder Robbins: Runner guy. He's funny, but doesn't say too much.

Sister Calderwell: Like I said she's pretty much fluent in Chinese and has some lovely sass. She's form New York and is a party.

Sister Cooper: She's nice, really good at Chinese and likes my jokes more than sister Calderwell. 

Well, thats my life. I'm just giving you a peak at what I do and who I am with. This place really is cool and like amazing. All the 70 and 12 were here last week for the new mission presidents. I didn't see any of them, but they were all right here! 

Well I love you guys and choose the right. 
Don't sin. That's bad. 
Keep the faith.
Love Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment